Quark Inc. today announced Pubs-XML Accelerator, the fourth generation of Quark’s commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) publishing solution for the intelligence community. Pubs-XML Accelerator plugs into Quark XML Authorfor Microsoft Word to allow any Microsoft Word user to encode XML content for classification, declassification, handling, and dissemination and readies the content for delivery to XML, HTML, PDF, and Microsoft Word formats. The new version of Pubs-XML Accelerator supports Pubs-XML v5, the XML data encoding specification for intelligence publications.
User Group Featuring Marie Rundquist
Pubs-XML Accelerator was introduced at the Quark XML Author and Pubs-XML Accelerator User Group Meeting held recently in Washington, DC. Featured presenter Marie Rundquist, government contractor for the Department of Energy (DOE) and president of North Fork Technical Solutions, shared her best practices for “Writing for Discoverability.” Rundquist has leveraged Quark XML Author to increase the findability of her client’s content by 400 percent.
Quark XML Author Pubs-XML Accelerator
With just mouse clicks, Quark XML Author and Pubs-XML Accelerator allow users to assign document-level metadata to specific content for topical assertions and source citations or add security markup to sensitive documentation. The new version of Pubs- XML Accelerator adds:
Support for Pubs-XML v5, including:
- New document root structure – Intel Doc now replaces report, article, and analytical packet
- Support for Atomic Energy dissemination controls
- Support for Controlled Vocabulary Enumeration (CVE) documents
- Support for 12/10 CAPCO updates, Information Resource Metadata (IRM), Need to Know (NTK), ISM v5
Productivity and flexibility advancements, including:
- 206 Sourcing
- Support for Microsoft Word 2003, 2007, and 2010
- Increased performance for large documents
- Integration with MathType and support for MathML and inline equations
- Support for multiple mixed content types in table cells