- WYSIWYG view: Combines preview and editing in a single view to allow users to find and change content more easily and preview those changes without any extra mouse clicks.
- Picture editing and picture attachment to articles: Users can manipulate pictures through capabilities such as enlarging, shrinking, cropping, and rotating – or even replace pictures entirely.
- Zoomable asset previews: In the preview mode, users can zoom in to see content in greater detail.
Compatibility with QuarkXPress 9, QuarkCopyDesk 9
Quark Publishing System is fully compatible with QuarkCopyDesk 9, the application that allows writers, editors, reviewers, and other non-designers to collaborate on a layout from the page designer's perspective. QuarkCopyDesk now supports 17 user interface languages, including Czech, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, and European Portuguese; allows users to create new articles from templates; gives more control for overriding local formatting while applying style sheets; provides Job Ticket support; and supports the .docx file format of Microsoft Word 2007 and 2010.
Through QuarkCopyDesk, Quark Publishing System also supports advanced design automation functionality introduced with QuarkXPress 9, including:
- Conditional Styles: The ability to automatically style content by applying powerful, pre-defined styling rules
- Bullets and Numbering: The ability to apply pre-defined bullet, numbering, and outline styles to lists and outlines
- Callouts: The ability to move boxes and groups automatically with text