Visit Window Book at GRAPH EXPO (Booth 5227) for a demonstration of DAT-MAIL Prep, a simple, fast, easy to use tool that helps you quickly configure your Mail.dat files before you import them into ANY post-presort software.
Now you can control exactly how your Mail.dat files should be configured via high-speed pre-processing functions. Save time configuring the data within your Mail.dat editing software.
DAT-MAIL Prep is built on state-of-the-art .Net technology and provides the following functions:
- Mail.dat Viewing: Quickly display the contents of your Mail.dat file!
CSA Viewing: View your FAST Customer/Supplier Agreement (CSA) without changing the original .CSV format
- Mail.dat Changing: Change/correct CRIDs, MIDs and/or Permit Numbers
- Mail.dat Validation: Know in advance if there are errors in your Mail.dat files.
- Mail.dat Splitting: Do you need to split your Mail.dat files to accommodate production needs? An array of choices are included!
- Mail.dat Merging: Do you have multiple Mail.dat files you need to combine into a single mailing? Just choose your options and run!
- Mail.dat Converting: Do you need to convert 09-1 files to 11-1 or 11-2?
Or vice-versa? Two-way converting is available. Take your pick!
- DAT-MAIL Prep is written in C#, which is a managed .NET language. This makes it easy to target either a 32-bit or 64-bit Operating System.
- Memory usage by the 64-bit version of DAT-MAIL Prep is limited only by the amount of physical RAM in the machine. Compare this to memory usage by a 32-bit application, which is limited to 3 GB.
- DAT-MAIL Prep is multi-threaded so that multiple Mail.dat files in a file set are processed in parallel. This multithreaded processing is even faster on a multi-core machine.
- Using SQL Server for the Mail.dat database allows extremely large data sets to be processed. SQL Server 2008 Express R2 limits database file size to 10 GB. The full version of SQL Server 2008 R2 has no limit on the database file size.
DAT-MAIL Prep is a stand-alone system. Install it on any workstation and you can continue with your production work.