HELIOS Software GmbH, a leading developer of multipurpose file, print, image, proofing, remote collaboration, and PDF server software, announced today that its HELIOS UB2 server software is now shipping.
HELIOS PCShare UB2, EtherShare UB2, and WebShare UB2 make it easy for Windows, Mac, and Web users to share files and collaborate, within their LAN, or via the Web. The HELIOS ImageServer UB2, PDF HandShake UB2, and PrintPreview UB2 prepress solutions enable designers, publishers, printers, and others to automate their image and document production processes. The many new UB2 features such as remote proofing with threaded annotations, and Apple Spotlight compatible searches will be of immediate value to customers.
A complete overview of all the new features in the HELIOS UB2 software suite can be found on the HELIOS Software website.
“HELIOS customers and partners worldwide have thoroughly tested UB2 features across the entire UB2 product range,” explained Helmut Tschemernjak, CEO of HELIOS Software GmbH. “Extended pre-release testing in demanding environments enabled HELIOS to deliver the highest performing, feature rich, server software platform that is stable and reliable, and makes the best use ever of customers’ existing hardware resources.”
HELIOS UB2 server software introduces:
- Apple Spotlight compatible searches for Mac, Windows, and Web users, to quickly find server files by file name, text content, and meta data.
- Feature rich remote soft and hard proof solution, with threaded annotations for easy remote collaboration.
- Improved WebShare UB2 support for iPad, iPhone and other mobile devices, includes opening PDFs, movies, and other file types directly within the web browser.
- WebShare UB2 previews of multi-page PDFs and Office documents.
- New PDC authentication system
- Performance and compatibility enhancements for AFP and SMB file servers
- Support for additional server platforms: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, Oracle Solaris 11, and Mac OS X 10.7
- Support for Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) clients
Customers with upgrade service agreements will automatically receive the new version. Others can take advantage of special upgrade intro pricing through the end of October 2011.