OWN-X Kft, a Hungarian provider of professional digital print solutions, has announced the WideStar 2000 high-speed wide format printing system powered by Memjet. OWN-X will demonstrate the WideStar 2000 at Labelexpo Europe in Hall 9, Booth F15 during the show from September 28 to October 1.
The WideStar 2000 promises to change the way the market views wide format printing because of its ability to print single pass, full color, large format images on a wide range of substrates both exceptionally fast and affordably. It is the first Memjet-powered wide format printing system introduced in Europe.
Dr. Jules Farkas, Ph.D., chairman of OWN-X Kft, said, "We are please to bring the WideStar 2000 through this launch at Labelexpo. Memjet technologies and components are changing the way people print – and how they use commercial print – by bringing affordable, fast color where it was never before thought possible. This means color on-demand is now accessible to customers without waiting or doing large print runs to realize economies of scale – a significant shift for the industry."
Mike Puyot, president of Memjet's Wide Format division, said the WideStar 2000 heralds positive change for the wide format print space, print shops and end-users.
"We are seeing continued movement in the industry to more affordable and accessible traditional wide format color printing like technical documents and production graphics, as well as other new commercial print applications possible through fast print speeds and lower capital costs. Memjet technology now makes this possible." Puyot said.
The WebStar 2000 sets new standards for speed and affordability by delivering more than 3 billion drops of inks per second for print speeds up to 8 times faster than traditional inkjet technology. Thanks to the exclusive Memjet Waterfall Printhead Technology, the system delivers high overall throughput and can handle high volume with fast turnaround times delivering wide format architectural / engineering documents, maps, indoor signage, P-O-P displays, packaging, newspapers and more all on-demand.
Dan Ottolenghi, an industry expert and long-time reseller of wide format printers, said, "I am excited by the new technology in the WideStar 2000," adding that the OWN-X system's speed when compared to traditional wide format inkjet wide format printers "represents a revolution."
"OWN-X is a pioneer in commercializing Memjet technology, and its Memjet-powered labels printer, the SpeedStar 3000, has been selling worldwide for more than a year now," Ottolenghi stated. "I am sure that the OWN-X WideStar 2000 is a product that will provide high value and access to color for more and more people."
Memjet's color printing technologies were recently honored with the 2011 InterTech Technology Award from the Printing Industries of America. Among the companies announced partners are Lenovo China and LG in Korea.
WideStar 2000 Highlights:
- Incorporates Memjet technology and components for state-of-the-art production printing paired with OWN-X reliability, support and cost-effectiveness.
- True single pass wide format printing utilizing 5 Memjet 8.77" (222mm) Printheads for a total of 352,000 ink nozzles (70,400 per color CMYKK)
- Print speeds of 6 inches/sec (15mm/sec) or 12 inches/sec (30mm/sec)
- Resolution up to 1,600 x 1,600 dpi print quality at 6 in/sec (15mm/sec)
- Standard D size or A1 size plot printed in 2 or 4 seconds
- Print on a broad range of media and sheet sizes from A4 up to 42" (1067mm) x 100' (30m) for the ultimate in versatility
- Offers 2 liter or 10 liter CMYKK ink tanks for cost-effective operations and low consumables costs while ensuring vibrant color reproduction.
- Runs variable data/personalization of individual pieces at full speed for efficient production of high-impact and high-response rate customized materials.