Mimaki Engineering Co. has launched the TS34-1800A inkjet dye sublimation printer. This new printer was designed specifically for the sublimation transfer market with high speed and quality in mind. Sublimation transfer printing is widely utilised for sportswear applications due to the elasticity and quick-drying capability of polyester material and in the growing market of soft signage applications, such as flags, retail in-store banners, and tapestries.
1. High Speed printing up to 32 sqm/h
With a staggered array of two newly developed print heads, the new TS34-1800A is capable of printing up to 32.0 sqm/h at 540x720dpi. Furthermore, the machine can achieve a printing speed of 17.7 sqm/h in six-color mode at the same resolution, responding to the needs for superior quality prints, with minimal amount of grainy appearance and smooth gradations. These features make the TS34-1800A suitable for both large-sized soft signs and apparel applications, which require quick response and fine image quality respectively.
2. Improved productivity through unattended continuous printing
In addition to increased print speed, various useful functions also contribute to the improved productivity of the machine by enabling automated continuous operation.
• UISS function (Uninterrupted Ink Supply System effective only at 4-color mode) enables setting two ink cartridges per colour in 4-colour mode. When an ink cartridge is used up, the system switches automatically to the second cartridge of the same colour, preventing the printing process from stopping due to running out of ink.
• MBIS (Mimaki Bulk Ink System) provides a large volume continuous ink supply with 2-litre ink aluminium bags. As a result, ink costs and environmental footprints are substantially reduced.
• Automatic drying fan (optional) increases the ink drying speed remarkably, enabling continuous media take-up even during high speed printing. Consequently, printing efficiency improves dramatically.