Quark has announced the availability of QuarkXPress 9.2, the new update to QuarkXPress 9 that is free to all QuarkXPress 9 customers. QuarkXPress 9 is award-winning design software that enables millions of creative professionals to publish across digital devices as well as to print and the Web. Version 9.2 adds new ePUB features, ePUB 3 audio and video support, and more options for App Studio.
QuarkXPress 9.2 and ePUB
QuarkXPress 9 introduced the ability for designers to easily export print layouts to ePUB to create traditional e-books. With QuarkXPress 9.2 designers can now, in addition to converting a print layout to ePUB, create a new project specifically for ePUB export. With the new update, it’s now also possible to:
• Add audio, videos, and hyperlinks to an ePUB e-book
• Create new articles, visually crop pictures, and split text components in a reflow article
• Re-order components by dragging-and-dropping within the Reflow Tagging Palette
• Create hierarchical tables of content
• Control the format and resolution of pictures on a global or picture-by-picture basis
• Specify the default story direction for East Asian ePUB e-books
Along with the new ePUB functionality, QuarkXPress 9.2 also supports audio and video for ePUB 3, the new version of the standard that supports rich media.