This high-speed transfer sublimation inkjet printer offers improved printing speed for printing on transfer media. The main features of the TS500 are a maximum production speed of 1614 sqft/hr.; the Mimaki Degassing Module for delivering our newly developed, fast drying Sb300 sublimation ink; an automated media feeder for high-speed media feeding and take-up; and an integrated heater for accelerated drying.
The TS500-1800 features a number of new capabilities that set it apart in the marketplace, including:
- Unmatched printing speed for sublimation paper at 150m2/h in high-speed mode. The TS500-1800 uses newly developed printheads that achieve a maximum speed in four- or six-colour mode. The printer includes six printheads, with three staggered.
- Mist removal filter - The mist removal filter prevents problems caused by ink mists and enhances the stability of print operations by suctioning the mist inside the printer.
- Mimaki Degassing Module - The Mimaki degassing module (MDM-20) eliminates the gasses or bubbles that can occur in inks during the printing process, decreasing the likelihood of nozzle blockage and improving the accuracy of ink dot placement. In addition, this module enables the printer to use undegassed bottled inks instead of conventional degassed ink packs, thus reducing ink costs.
- New dye sublimation ink - Mimaki has developed a new ink, optimized for dye sublimation printing and for use with the TS500-1800. Sb300 ink offers an affordable price, dries quickly and produces brilliant colours. Sb300 ink is available in six colours (K,Bl,M,Y,Lbl,Lm).
- Auto Media Feeder (AMF) - Mimaki's unique Auto Media Feeder provides stable feeding and take-up of print media, eliminating much of the need for operator intervention during printing
- Larger Roll Media Size - The TS500-1800 can accept rolls of media up to 60kg and 300mm in diameter, further improving operator productivity by eliminating the need for frequent media changes. Larger orders can be continuously printed without interruption, or batches of smaller orders using the same media can be easily handled.