Solimar Systems, Inc., a leading global provider of production printing and secure document delivery solutions, today announced the release of an enhanced version of Rubika to help solve many problems associated with high volume transactional printing and online viewing environments. New document re-engineering functionality has been added to Rubika version 3.4 that improves performance, enhances document security and increases workflow control.
Rubika is designed to simplify the document re-engineering process, eliminating the need for re-coding, re-programming or re-composing on host systems. Rubika modifies and re-engineers data streams to automate manual processes, enable postal savings, add value to documents, leverage finishing equipment, and dynamically modify data streams prior to printing.
Rubika 3.4 enhancements include:
• Expanded support for file compression and consolidation - new options are designed to further reduce file sizes while decreasing processing requirements in production print and e-delivery environments.
• Expanded support for barcode processing - new image only scan functionality optimizes performance by rendering only raster content within the PDF.
• Enhanced option for document security - imported encrypted files can accept passwords, thus helping organizations support compliance initiatives where resource and document security is required.
• Expanded support for replicated content - insertion placement functionality has been enhanced to provide greater control over content location.
• Imposition - support for 4-up sheetlet imposition.
• Support for media tracking capabilities - sophisticated mail workflows based on mailpiece weight.
"Solimar has ideal IT infrastructure solutions that help companies optimize and secure their data. Rubika is well suited for organizations that require an efficient method for changing or updating existing document processes without the expense and time of re-programming or re-composing," said Mary Ann Rowan, CMO and Vice President of Sales for Solimar Systems. "Using Rubika, our clients can quickly implement new workflows to support finishing, insertion, messaging and compliance requirements."