The 29 inch format HP Indigo 10000 Digital Press produces any commercial job—with Indigo quality, substrate versatility, and production flexibility. This robust press is an easy fit for offset print service providers, printing large volumes of high-value pages and a wide variety of applications.
Print any commercial job. With its 29 inch format and built-in duplex mechanism, the press makes it possible, for the first time, to digitally print any size application, including pocket folders, six-page brochures, posters, and large lay-flat books.
High productivity. Printing 3450 sheets per hour (4/0) or 4600 using the Enhanced Productivity Mode (EPM), the press is capable of producing over two million color sheets per month. The 29 inch format enables highly efficient imposition of jobs and lowers the cost per copy, pushing the breakeven point vs. offset. The combination of press speed with the high number of copies imposed per sheet delivers at least two and a half times the productivity of any digital sheetfed press in the market today.
Widest media range. Supporting the largest media range in the industry, the press is compatible with more than 2500 certified substrates—from 45 lb text to 150 lb cover and 3-18 pt. in thickness—including coated, uncoated, metallic, recycled, and specialty papers, and paperboard for folding cartons.
Offset-matching print quality. Enabled by HP Indigo’s liquid ElectroInk technology and unique digital offset process, HP Indigo prints are of the highest quality, matching or even exceeding offset, allowing them to be used interchangeably. ElectroInk also provides the widest digital color gamut using up to 7 ink stations on the press. The Quality Automation Suite on the press makes it easy to achieve the highest possible Indigo quality, using an embedded spectrophotometer, registration cameras, and the Vision System.
Easy fit for offset printers. The 29 inch format facilitates quick ramp up and easy integration into offset PSPs. The press is compatible with standard sheet size, offset palette feeding, and conventional finishing devices. Multiple drawers enable on-the-fly changeovers of media and continuous printing.
Designed for the environment. The press is designed for environmental sustainability. It has new energy efficient techniques and consumes less oil per page compared with other HP Indigo presses.
Like all HP Indigo presses, the HP Indigo 10000 Digital Press delivers offset-matching quality.
- ElectroInk and the HP Indigo process deliver crisp linework, attractive images and smooth vignettes with a very thin ink layer that gives uniform gloss between ink and substrate.
- Up to 7 ink stations for the extended color gamut, including HP Indigo ElectroInk White and other special effect inks.
- 4, 6, or 7 process colors for vivid printing and accurate on-press Pantone emulations. True spot colors, mixed off press, for perfect Pantone-certified solids.
- Quality Automation Suite—This embedded system ensures quality and consistency within jobs, and between jobs, runs and presses. It delivers accurate color with ICC substrate profiling and closed loop on-the-fly registration. The Vision System performs automatic hands-free press calibrations and diagnostics with high accuracy, saving time and diminishing errors. Registration cameras maintain tight registration in several cases: image registration between sheets, front-to-back, and color plane registrations (CPR).
- Optimize operations with automation and usability. Extensive automation enables high press uptime and productivity, freeing operators from routine tasks.
- Intuitive on-press software—3D navigations, helpful drill downs, and multi-touch gestures.
- Automated consumable replacement—The Photo Imaging Plate (PIP) and blanket are changed by automated systems, increasing press uptime and reducing operator error.
- High capacity, high concentration ink cartridges—support the high quantities of ink consumed by the press, while minimizing the number of replacements required by the operator.
- Robust paper handling system—designed for 29 inch sheets, enabling easy loading by palette and/or drawers. The robust system enables seamless switching between jobs and media types, as well as printing of multi-substrate jobs.
- Print Care—maximizes productivity and uptime with a fast diagnostic process and step-by-step guidance for problem solving, independently or through remote support.
End-to-end workflow including digital finishing. Both the press and its workflow are designed to produce any application end-to-end.
- • Powerful DFE—A version of the scalable HP Indigo SmartStream Production Pro is specifically designed to support 29 inch imposition and high-volume production of large quantities of jobs, including variable data.
- Open JDF workflow architecture—Supports both upstream and downstream JDF connectivity, including inline and near line finishing.
- Enables integration with third-party production systems through Software Development Kits (SDKs) and leverages HP SmartStream products including Production Center and Production Analyzer.
- Inline and near line finishing—Digital inline and near line finishing devices with automatic setup, instant make-ready, and automated error recovery leverage digital capabilities to achieve higher levels of productivity. Solutions include the Horizon slitter/merger/stacker and MBO signature folder.