HP Indigo 30000
The HP Indigo 30000 Digital Press, the breakthrough offset-matching solution the folding carton industry has been seeking for years, offers zero setup, minimal waste, and easy versioning capabilities. With its 29 inch format, the press empowers packaging converters to profitably address the evolving needs of their customers and gain a valuable competitive edge.
A shift in market demands. Folding carton converters worldwide are feeling the impact of shorter, more frequent print runs that are challenging the economics and productivity of existing systems. Supply chain pressures, growing SKU diversity, frequent and seasonal redesigns, point-of-sale campaigns, and customized product offerings all require shorter print runs and faster turnaround time. There is also growing demand for value adding product specialization features with variable data including graphics, photos, text, barcodes, and security features.
HP Indigo meets the challenge. Digital printing can answer these changing market needs, but it must match offset quality and color, and satisfy brands. This is the HP Indigo advantage. Its proven technology is already printing diverse packaging for discerning global brands such as P&G, Nestlé, Coca-Cola, and L’Oréal.
Brand-approved, best-in-class quality. HP Indigo’s unique ElectroInk technology delivers quality indistinguishable from offset. The 7 ink stations on the press enable converters to meet even the most stringent corporate branding requirements.
- 4-, 6- and 7-color printing using HP IndiChrome Pantone-certified on-press emulations
- Spot inks, mixed off press, to match over 97% of PANTONE® colors
- HP Indigo One Shot process delivers perfect registration from the first sheet
Easy fit into existing production. The 29 inch format facilitates quick ramp up and easy integration into current production operations. The press is compatible with standard sheet size, offset palette feeding, and finishing devices, thereby enabling carton converters to optimize operations and assign jobs more economically.
Wide substrate versatility. The press prints on any substrate up to 24 pt., including all types of off-the-shelf paperboard, metalized board, and plastics, enabling the production of almost any box, sleeve, or blister application in offset quality.
Production flexibility. With on-demand printing in 29 inch format, in addition to broad substrate support, the press allows for efficient use of production resources to meet the changing demands of the market.
- Capable of running 20 different jobs per shift (1000 sheets on average per job)—with no setup and minimal waste.
- Up to 4600 full color sheets per hour.
- 29 x 20 inch format covers the vast majority of folding carton jobs, while offering savings in setup and tooling costs for subsequent conventional finishing.
- Prints on any substrate from 8 to 24 pt. Perfect quality and registration is maintained on any surface with HP Indigo’s One Shot print process.
- An integrated priming unit allows usage of any off-the-shelf board, foil stamping, lamination, cutting, creasing, folding and gluing, and is both FDA and EU compliant for non-direct food contact.
Advanced end-to-end solutions. The HP Indigo 30000 Digital Press is more than a press—it is a full production solution. Together with market-leading partners, HP Indigo is developing a well-integrated ecosystem that provides converters all the tools needed from order to completion.
- HP Indigo and Esko are developing a dedicated print server and workflow tools for the press. This integrated solution ensures accurate and efficient color matching from any technology to the press.
- The capabilities include ICC profiling, advanced PANTONE color matching algorithms, connectivity with multiple design and MIS systems, variable data printing tools, and automated workflow.
- A post-coating unit, co-developed with leading vendors in the paperboard market, integrates inline with the press, allowing inline selective coating (water-based and UV) with fast changeover, producing printed and coated output identical to a packaging offset press.
- HP Indigo has partnered with manufacturers of new digital finishing technologies (such as Highcon and Scodix) to offer an end-to-end, automated digital folding carton production line.
Boost sustainability. HP Indigo’s digital, zero setup process eliminates plates and plate setting, and minimizes waste, translating into significant cost savings while improving environmental scorecards. On-demand digital printing also reduces waste and over-stocking throughout the supply chain, allowing converters to offer their end customers and brands leaner, more sustainable packaging solutions.
- Save up to 120 tons of paperboard waste per year.
- Save up to 200,000 square feet of plate material.
- Improve overall sustainability by reducing inventories and obsolete stock.
- Provide eco-friendly packaging solutions by printing on recycled paperboards.