FUJIFILM Corporation announces the launch of Brillia HD LH-PXE, a positive working thermal CTP plate for long-run commercial sheet-fed and web applications. The latest addition to Fujifilm’s renowned ‘low-chemistry’ family of products, Brillia HD LH-PXE offers an extra long run length of up to 500,000 impressions unbaked, and an extended run length of over 1,000,000 when baked. Visitors to the Fujifilm stand in Hall 8b at drupa 2012 (Dusseldorf, Germany May 3rd - 16th), will be able to see the new plate in the Commercial Print Zone, and it will be commercially released in Q2 CY2012.
This new plate features all the quality and consistency benefits provided by Fujifilm’s High Definition coating technologies, together with the additional advantages of low chemistry working. It also benefits from Fujifilm’s latest electrochemical graining surface treatment technology.
Main features of Brillia HD LH-PXE
Fujifilm’s Brillia HD LH-PXE plate represents the latest generation of high quality, low chemistry thermal plate. Manufactured using the latest robust aluminium alloy base, it is better able to withstand the stresses placed on a plate during long runs, including cracking and splitting, which help to reduce the need for costly remakes and press down time.
The enhanced plate handling properties of Brillia HD LH-PXE have been achieved by using a new double layer emulsion, resulting in much better durability and reducing the need for plate remakes. This highly sensitive emulsion requires minimal laser power and results in faster plate production (platesetter dependent).
Extra long run lengths are achieved without the need for plate baking, but the plate can also be post baked if even higher run lengths and chemical resistance are necessary, giving printers the flexibility to meet every requirement.
Brillia HD LH-PXE is compatible with Fujifilm’s award-winning FLH-Z ‘ZAC’ processor, allowing printers to drastically reduce chemistry usage, maximise the bath life, and minimise processor cleaning.
The new Brillia HD LH-PXE plate offers printers the following benefits:
• The longest unbaked run-lengths
• Durability and dot stability on press
• Less waste produced by ZAC replenishment system
• Lower developer consumption and longer bath life
• No preheating is required
• Sensitivity: Same as current thermal plate, Brillia HD LH-PLE
• Productivity: Same as current thermal plate, Brillia HD LH-PLE
• Compatibility: Compatible with current thermal CTP platesetters
• Resolution: 1-99% at AM200lpi, 20µm FM
• Run length1: 500,000 impressions unbaked; 1,000,000 impressions baked
• Ink/water balance: Same as current thermal plate, Brillia HD LH-PLE
1 Run lengths are always dependent on printing and paper conditions, press chemicals and ink