Nimbleware Consulting and In-Tools announced they have joined to launch PrintUI.com, a new white-label Web-to-print service for the printing industry and in-house graphics departments. The service will be offered both at www.PrintUI.com and through Aleyant Systems’ latest version of Pressero.
Created by a team of former Adobe executives and InDesign experts, PrintUI is an Adobe InDesign-to-print solution that offers an easy Web-based way for nonprofessional users to customize and print a broad array of professionally designed digital and print collateral, such as online banner ads, brochures, retail store signs and print advertisements.
“Adobe InDesign is the core of PrintUI because it is the industry standard for design and layout of professional content. As such, any designer or printer can work with the files generated with no problem, ensuring a high-quality outcome” said Mark Hilton, PrintUI co-founder and general manager.
Designed to be used as a standalone Web service or integrated into an existing website, PrintUI provides a unique self-service solutions for printers, their customers and in-house graphics departments responsible for brand management. It’s easy to get started on the PrintUI service:
• After signing up, users are assigned their own unique Print UI access code that allows them to load the PrintUI customization application onto their existing website using simple Web services APIs.
• Users can utilize existing Adobe InDesign templates or create their own using Adobe InDesign. They may use PrintUI’s existing font database, as well as add their own unique TTF and OTF fonts.
• After each template is created, it is uploaded to PrintUI’s Adobe InDesign servers using PrintUI’s desktop utility. The utility offers a desktop console for easy template management.
• Once the templates are loaded and the web page added to a website, users or their customers can access the appropriate Adobe InDesign template and customize it with an easy-to-use browser-based Flex application. The application allows the users to “preflight” the graphics to ensure it meets their precise needs.
• The completed graphic is transmitted to the printer for printing or available for posting on-line.
PrintUI costs a fraction of the price of similar higher-priced solutions that can cost tens of thousands of dollars. Because it is a hosted Web service, there is no need to make a high software investment, manage servers or deal with complex software.
“PrintUI offers a combination of service, know-how, and experience that is virtually unmatched in the web-to-print world. By having PrintUI host the service, plus enhance its capabilities on an ongoing basis, we have every feature we need – and more – at a fraction of the price of actually purchasing and hosting the service ourselves,” said Sruly Markowitz, COO StoreSigns.com
Aleyant Systems New Version of Pressero to Offer PrintUI
PrintUI also announced that the latest version of Aleyant Systems’ Pressero SaaS-based printing solution incorporates PrintUI as one of its new feature options for print customers looking for an Adobe InDesign-based solution.
“Because InDesign is an industry standard, we wanted to offer our customers the option of using their native InDesign templates within the Pressero workflow; PrintUI’s ‘plug and play’ capabilities provided the ideal solution,” Greg Salzman, President of Aleyant Systems.