Adobe Systems Incorporated announced Adobe Creative Cloud, a radical new way of providing tools and services* that will change the game for creatives worldwide. A subscription-based offering, Adobe Creative Cloud is a hub for making, sharing and delivering creative work and it is centered around a powerful release of Adobe Creative Suite 6 software, packed with innovation across its industry-defining design, Web, video and digital imaging tools.
Adobe Creative Cloud Highlights
- Creative Cloud membership provides users with access to download and install every new Adobe CS6 application announced today and two new HTML5 products, Adobe Muse™ and Adobe Edge preview.
- Creative Cloud integrates Adobe’s creative tablet applications†, such as Photoshop Touch, into everyday work - seamlessly synchronizing and storing files in the cloud for sharing and access on any device.
- Creative Cloud members will be able to easily deliver mobile apps to iOS and Android marketplaces and publish, manage and host websites.
- Adobe Creative Cloud members will have access to application upgrades, including new CS point-product features, before they are launched as part of major CS updates, as well as inventive new products and services as they emerge.
- Adobe Creative Cloud membership is US$49.99 per month, with an annual contract. A special introductory offer of US$29.99 per month for CS3, CS4, CS5 and CS5.5 individual customers is also available.
“The urge to be creative is universal, and harnessing the creative spark – in everyone from school children to creative pros – has never been more important,” said Shantanu Narayen, president and chief executive officer, Adobe. “Wherever and whenever inspiration strikes, Adobe will be there to help capture, refine and publish your ideas.”
Creative Suite 6, Innovative HTML5 Tools Anchor Creative Cloud
- CS6 includes landmark releases of industry icons such as Adobe Photoshop CS6, Adobe InDesign CS6, Adobe Illustrator CS6, Adobe Dreamweaver CS6, Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, Adobe After Effects CS6, Adobe Flash Professional CS6 and more. With Creative Cloud membership, creatives can download and install all of the 14 new Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications.
- Creative Cloud membership also includes access to Adobe Muse and Adobe Edge preview, new tools for HTML5 design and development that demonstrate Adobe’s commitment to the latest Web standards.
Creative Cloud Links Adobe Touch Apps to CS6 Desktop Tools
- Adobe Creative Cloud integrates Adobe’s line of creative touch tools with CS6 desktop applications.
- Adobe Touch Apps bring professional-level creativity to tablet devices and address multiple areas of the creative process: image editing, ideation, sketching, mood board creation, website and mobile app prototyping, and the presentation of finished work.
- Photoshop Touch and Adobe Ideas have already proved runaway hits on the iPad and Android tablets. Three additional tools, available on Android today, will be coming to iPad soon: Adobe Collage, Adobe Debut and Adobe Proto.
- A new desktop app, Adobe Creative Cloud Connection, enables the syncing, sharing and storing of files across mobile devices and desktop.
- Creative Cloud membership includes up to 20GB of cloud storage, with additional storage purchase options coming soon.
Creative Cloud Publishing Services Streamline Website and App Creation
- Creative Cloud publishing services will include the ability to easily publish apps, magazines and catalogues to iPad, iPhone and Android devices.
- Members have immediate access to Adobe Typekit, the Web-based font library that pioneered the use of real fonts on websites, delivering more than 700 typefaces from leading foundries.
- New Web hosting capabilities, integrated as part of Adobe Creative Cloud membership, allow users to easily create and host high-impact websites. The Integration between Adobe Muse, Typekit and the Web hosting capabilities power a new simplified workflow for delivering high-impact websites.