- MicroPiezo TFP Print Head: One-inch wide, high performance print head with 360 nozzles per channel capable of handling ten separate ink channels; low vibration meniscus control for highly accurate dot shape and placement and ink repelling coating for reduced nozzle clogging; both the SureColor S50670 and S70670 leverage two print heads for maximum performance.
- UltraChrome GS2 and UltraChrome GSX: Epson exclusive ink technologies deliver virtually odorless printing without the need for special ventilation or air purification systems2 and do not contain Nickel (Ni) compounds, reducing the impact on the environment.
- Take-Up Reel System: Efficient take-up reel for unattended production of large print runs supporting both wind-in or wind-out; standard heavy roll support in rear for up to 90 pound roll with motorized take-in; optional high-capacity roll support for rolls up to 150 pounds.
- Roll Media Loading: All new spindle-less design with manual Epson LiftAssist allows for easy loading and unloading of heavy roll media.
- High-Capacity Ink System: Individual ink cartridges up to 700 ml enable users to avoid production downtimes and maximize profitability; the S50670 offers 1400 ml of installed ink per color for maximum productivity. Each printer in the series is designed exclusively for use with EPSON ink cartridges3 for greater reliability.
- Control Panel: Full color LCD panel provides easy access to menu items and controls.
- Included ONYX RIP Software: Epson has partnered with Onyx Graphics, the leading manufacturer of signage RIP software, to include a customized, fully functional version of Onyx’s standard layout RIP including the full Pantone color library with each S-Series printer. This powerful layout RIP will also include over 100 media profiles for standard 3M, Avery, Epson, Ultraflex, and Neschen media, enabling customers to make high quality prints right out of the box.
- Media Heater and High-Speed Dryer: Individually controlled pre, platen and post heaters for optimum media support all controlled via a front control panel or front-end RIP software; additional high-speed dryer (standard on the SureColor S50670 and optional on the S30670 and S70670) provides additional drying for fast print speeds.
Pricing, Support and Availability
Both the EPSON SureColor S50670 and S70670 will be available in the fall of 2012 through authorized Epson Professional Imaging resellers for a list price of $25,995 each. The SureColor S-series offer a standard EPSON PreferredSM Limited Warranty, a one-year program that includes toll-free advanced telephone access Monday through Friday and usually next business-day on-site service in the unlikely event of any hardware failure. Epson PreferredPlus service plans are available that cover both the hardware and software for up to two additional years.