Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, announced the next-generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series, a platform of multifunction office systems designed to transform workflow from a series of individual processes to a continuous, integrated flow of shared information. The new platform features a variety of enhancements to the design, workflow, control, performance and environmentally-conscious functionality of each model. Providing a solution that converges existing office systems and services rather than simply connecting them, this series of imageRUNNER ADVANCE streamlines business workflows by incorporating innovative cloud and mobile solutions, extensive security measures and powerful new software offerings.
“We are a part of an incredible evolution of the workforce as organizations are now implementing more efficient and secure business processes than ever before,” said Sam Yoshida, vice president and general manager, Marketing, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. “The imageRUNNER ADVANCE platform will serve as a business catalyst and central communications hub that merges a variety of mobile and cloud technologies to help facilitate seamless, optimized workflows.”
The next-generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE models build upon the user-centric design of the previous generation, already rated highest in ease-of-use in the MFP industry by Industry Analysts, Inc.1 With a customizable and streamlined display, users have the option to feature a logo or special graphics in the wallpaper background of the main menu of the user interface and tailor the quick menu to meet specific departmental or user needs. In addition, each device has the ability to act as a dynamic, personalized communications hub that streamlines business processes with document-driven workflow.
At the forefront of the effort to optimize business processes, Canon will offer MEAP-Web to allow applications to be developed via web services with integration on the device through the imageRUNNER ADVANCE Web Access software. With the MEAP-Web capability as a part of the next generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE, this platform offers the capability of building an integrated solution to back-end enterprise applications such as ERP, CRM, content management systems and more. The variety and strength of this platform will allow partners and integrators to develop powerful tools that propel businesses forward toward success.
In today’s increasingly mobile world, the next generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE models are equipped to take advantage of several mobile and cloud-based solutions that enable customers to safely print and scan from a variety of devices and locations. Customizable for different needs and price points, Canon offers the following solutions:
• Cloud Portal for imageRUNNER ADVANCE, a cloud-based print and scan solution that provides direct connection from Canon MFPs to Google Docs and Microsoft SharePoint Online
• Direct Print and Scan for Mobile, a peer-to-peer solution that provides print and scan functionality via direct communication between iOS and Blackberry mobile devices and Canon MFPs
• EFI PrintMe, a cloud-based mobile print solution that enables printing from any email-enabled mobile device to Canon MFPs
• uniFLOW, a complete, server-based output management solution that includes mobile printing and scanning
• Canon Mobile Printing, a mobile application available later this year that will enable users in homes and offices of all sizes to send print jobs directly from their iPhone and iPad to a compatible Canon output device
With drag-and-drop simplicity, the imageRUNNER ADVANCE Desktop Quick Printing Tool allows users to combine documents, print, fax and convert files to PDF format without opening the native application.