The latest version 7.11 of ColorGATE's RIP software solutions Productionserver, Filmgate, Proofgate, and Photogate are available now in version 7.11. With version 7.11 of Productionserver RIP software, customers now benefit from the new In-RIP-Trapping Module TRAPM that ensures elimination of flashes in the print image due to process-related registration errors in multi-color printing, which can occur during printing process. In addition the new release provides support for a large number of printers and enhancements in e.g. Quality Assurance Module (QAM) and Print and Cut Module (PCM).
In-RIP-Trapping Module TRAPM
In-RIP-Trapping Module ensures elimination of flashes in the print image due to process-related registration errors in multi-color printing, which can occur during printing process when printing image elements of different colors sequentially on a printed sheet. Most of these errors are based on mechanical inaccuracies of the printing system, e.g. as inaccurate alignment of the printing sheets, which are technically inevitable in some cases.
In order to counter these misalignments, In-RIP-Trapping Module enables overfilling or under filling of adjacent image elements. Next to offset printing, especially for screen and packaging printing, trapping is an important feature to ensure high-quality printing products.
More Module News
- In Quality Assurance Module multicolor wedges are now supported for EyeOne and EyeOne iO.
- Print & Cut Module is now able to handle cut paths in multi-page documents.
New printer drivers
Release 7.11 proposes a wide range of new printer drivers for several printers as there are: Canon iPF6400, Canon iPF6450, Canon iPF8400, Canon iPF9400, Epson SureColor SC-S506X0 Series, Epson SureColor SC-S706X0 Series, KIP Color 7800, Durst Omega1. In addition Epson SureColor SC-S306X0 Series printer driver has been improved significantly.
X-Rite i1Basic Pro 2 as exclusive ColorGATE edition
ColorGATE and its distribution partners now provide the new X-Rite professional color measurement systems X-Rite i1Pro 2. The new i1Pro 2 - X-Rite solutions set standards in terms of color calibration, color accuracy and profiling, which are essential to the creative workflow. Display on monitors and projectors, on proofs or online, should correspond to the real appearance of the image file. Otherwise, customers will not be satisfied with the end result.
ColorGATE offers a comprehensive range of X-Rite solutions. Particularly noteworthy is the spectrophotometer for professional image editing i1Basic Pro 2, which is available in an exclusive ColorGATE edition harmonizing perfectly with the ColorGATE RIP software solutions. It consists of:
- i1Pro 2 spectrophotometer for profiling: provides an improved accuracy, usability, reliability, many new professional features and follows the latest developments in the ISO standardization.
- Software i1Profiler for monitors and projectors: offer extensive functions for the quality assurance of monitors and printers.
- PANTONE® Color Manager: to create color palettes and for digital color simulation ("bridging"), to keep PANTONE-libraries up-to-date, to manage spot colors and to add own colors.