3M Commercial Graphics is changing the graphics world with 3M Envision Wrap Films, part of a new line of products that offer leading edge technology and best-in-class performance with a sustainability edge. As the world’s first high-performance, non-polyvinyl chloride (non-PVC) graphic films, 3M Envision Print Wrap Film 480Cv3 and 3M Envision Gloss Wrap Overlaminate 8548G outperform not just non-PVC wrap films, but all wrap films.
For applications that demand outstanding performance, 3M Envision Wrap Films provide groundbreaking solutions:
- High application versatility: 3M Envision Wrap Films can be used to wrap vehicles, trailers, box trucks, boats, buses, motorcycles, textured walls and more.Highly conformable: Films go down, around and into flat or complex shapes and stay down. The innovative 3M Envision Wrap Films stretch up to 150 percent when you want them to and will not lift.
- Installs in extreme temperatures: When it’s warm, 3M Envision Wrap Films won’t get too soft or stretch out of control. In cooler weather, the film maintains a soft feel and won’t become brittle and tear. Apply some heat, and the film conforms on demand.
- Faster removal: Because of their greater tensile strength, 3M Envision Wrap Films resist tearing. This enables faster, cleaner removal in bigger pieces.
- Exceptional clarity: 3M Envision Gloss Wrap Overlaminate 8548G offers the same beautiful gloss and clarity as 3M Scotchcal Gloss Overlaminate 8518. What’s more, it is less prone to scratching than gloss cast vinyl. It looks great from the get-go and doesn’t need to sit in the sun for days to diminish the scratches.
- Very durable: 3M Envision Wrap Films offer protection against UV rays, high temperatures and even acid dew. They even come with a horizontal warranty.Slideability, snap-up (repositionability) and air release properties: The characteristics that have made 3M films an industry favorite are also found in 3M Envision Wrap Films.
- Excellent printability: Envision wrap films are compatible with latex, UV and some solvent inkjet inks. They are also compatible with UV and solvent screen printing inks. See 3M’s Product Bulletin for details on printer and ink recommendations.
The industry is already raving about the film’s performance and ease of use:
“I liked the performance of this material over 3M Controltac Wrap Film with Comply v3 Adhesive IJ380Cv3,” said Eldon Young of Image Graphics Premier Applicators in Waconia, Minn. “It performs well even in the sun, which is something that all installers are obviously going to like. A lot of times you have to fight film to line it up, because it stretches differently every time you pull the liner paper off in the sun. This film stays even.”
“Many of our installations are done at a customer’s facility, so this new film will help make on-site installations easier,” said Todd Stuart of Sign Zoo in Sarasota, Fla. “Some films get soft and curl in 80 and 90°F temperatures, but 3M Envision Wrap Films give our installers the ability to use them confidently in the heat.”
“This film [3M Envision Wrap Films] is exactly what I expected from a 3M product,” said Samuel Twomey of The Mad Striper in Murfreesboro, Tenn. “It’s very positionable and we’ve had no problem getting it to conform to the compound curves and extremely tight spots on vehicles.”
In addition to their high performance, 3M Envision Wrap Films are also more sustainable, allowing graphic manufacturers to offer greener options. Features include:
- Non-PVCNo added chlorine or other halogens during manufacturing Phthalate-free: 3M Envision Wrap Films do not contain phthalates.
- Contributes to LEED® Credits: Using 3M Envision Wrap Films helps contribute to LEED® credits when used to make graphic films that can be used for refurbishment applications.
- Uses less solvent: The manufacturing process of 3M Envision Wrap Films uses 60 percent less solvent.
- Made in part with bio-based materials.
Want to know more about this product? Click here to request more information about 3M Envision Wrap Film and 3M Envision Gloss Wrap Overlaminate from 3M Commercial Graphics .