• SpotOn! Verify quickly identifies if proofs, press sheets, digital, grand format or other types of prints are within tolerance to G7, ISO, or custom specifications. Verify is an evaluation tool using the dynamic properties of true G7 math and is recognized by IDEAlliance as a G7 support tool;
• The new technology equips proof providers with a report showing the quality of their prints and proofs, quickly identifies trouble spots, and provides sales forces with tools and reports to prove the quality of their printing while improving relationships with customers;
• SpotOn! Verify has a valuable feature that allows the user to take paper color into consideration. Since large format printers often use a wide variety of media, this feature ensures proper evaluation of the printing device to specs when the media color varies.
• Compatible with both Mac and Windows systems.
Since you can’t control what you can’t measure, SpotOn! Press announced the online availability of SpotOn! Verify, a new software quality control tool for content creators, photographers, brand managers, proof providers and commercial, digital and grand format printers is now available for purchase and download at www.spotonpress.com. The software provides users with a quick pass/fail verification of a proof’s conformance to G7, ISO12647, or a custom specification. Upon completion of the analysis, SpotOn! Verify produces a printable sticker-sized report to attach to a proof, press sheet, or any other color reproduction to indicate the pass/fail condition of the sheet.
The Value of SpotOn! Verify
SpotOn! Verify is an internal quality control tool that tracks the consistency of printing devices to an industry specification or a custom reference. SpotOn! Verify can be used to evaluate any printing process where a control strip can be printed and measured, and quickly identifies if a printing device is in or out of tolerance. SpotOn! Verify also stores measurements in a database that can be filtered and searched, so recorded data can be recalled at a later date. It’s compatible with both Mac and Windows operating systems.
SpotOn! dramatically reduces challenges in matching previously printed job when doing reprints; with SpotOn! Verify you know if your printing devices are printing consistently. SpotOn! Verify can also be used to track media consistency from roll to roll, and track print consistency on multiple medias.
“SpotOn! Verify will help those interested in improving printing consistency, increasing customer satisfaction, and differentiating their production quality from others in their market.” notes SpotOn! Press President Bruce Bayne. “Verify easily identifies variations and changes in the printing process and if they are within specified tolerances to any reference including GRACoL or SWOP. Grand Format printers can track the consistency of their printing devices to a shop standard and Verify will help determine when it is time to recalibrate. Anyone providing proofs will also appreciate the ability to attach a passing proof sticker on each proof sent to customers. Sales staff will be confident they are providing their customers with the highest quality proofs. The result is reduced downtime (since calibration issues can be caught early), greater confidence in the production department, and a marketable quality difference.”
Who will benefit from SpotOn! Verify?
• Content creators;
• Digital printers and copy centers;
• Prepress shops and retouching studios;
• Commercial offset printers (sheetfed and web);
• Flexo printers;
• Gravure printers;
• Silkscreen printers;
• Sign Shops;
• Grand format printers.
Pricing and Availability
SpotOn! Verify is also available from authorized resellers for a list price of $1495.00 and is a downloadable software. A special purchasing opportunity of SpotOn! Verify for only $995 is available through November 30, 2012.
IDEAlliance recognizes SpotOn! as an official "G7 support tool”.