Twixl media, the predominant tablet publishing company, introduces version 3.0 of its flagship product Twixl Publisher; a digital publishing solution allowing users to produce Apple iPad and Android applications fully independently. Starting from the design in Adobe InDesign, Twixl Publisher builds and publishes apps in one or more app stores.
“The first version of Twixl Publisher was released in November 2010, merely 6 months after the iPad was released by Apple”, comments Luk Dhondt, Product Manager at Twixl media: “Initially Twixl Publisher was an iPad-only solution, but with the evolving tablet landscape, our customers asked us to provide a complete Android app publishing solution as well. We’re proud to deliver that with this new major version of Twixl Publisher.”
Version 3.0 – a major release in all aspects
A major design goal of version 3 was to make the application even easier to use for both designers and publishers. Testament to that is the rewritten user interface of the Twixl builder application that now guides the user through the most technical and challenging steps of the app creation process. Enabling preview on a device provides an elegant way to preview the real end-user experience on a tablet. The alternate layout options go a long way to ensure production time and design complexity don’t dramatically increase making it cost-effective to support multiple platforms for a publication.
The following is a list of the most important features in version 3:
• In addition to the iPad builds (for both retina and non-retina models, including the iPad mini), creation of Android builds (both for 10” and 7” versions).
• Support for the liquid/alternate layout features in CS6. With the help of the plug-in, users can almost automatically generate optimized versions of their content for other form factors and screen resolutions, once the first layout has been created.
• Preview on a device: InDesign publications can be previewed on a device on the local network that runs the 'Twixl Viewer' app. This app is a free download from the iOS App Store (iPad app currently pending approval) and the Google Play store.
• The builder application has been completely rewritten, and now offers a wizard-like approach to app building.
• The app store Kiosk User Interfaces are now customizable. All UI elements can be adapted to the user’s own look & feel.
• Two new options for analytics were added: Flurry and Localytics