R. R. Donnelley & Sons Company announced the availability of its RRD ActiveDisclosure system, a cloud-based solution to draft, collaborate on, and finalize Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) disclosures and other filing requirements. It combines an award-winning solution with RR Donnelley's experienced team of service professionals to help enterprises create and manage disclosures, making the process faster and easier, and enabling C-level executives and financial reporting teams to focus on all aspects of governance, risk and compliance (GRC), as well as other business critical activities.
Since the SEC introduced XBRL filing regulations, companies have started adopting disclosure management software applications that improve the overall process. The RRD ActiveDisclosure system gives users greater control over the creation of their periodic disclosures, allowing teams to collaborate in real time and improve the efficiency of their end-to-end processes. The tool's integrated XBRL features help ensure the completeness of XBRL tagging and built-in validation provides assurance prior to filing. The software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution allows users to benefit from productivity tools that they are already familiar with as well as from the flexibility and scalability of the cloud.
"Our RRD ActiveDisclosure system arms organizations with the expertise and technology needed to improve internal and external collaboration, streamline the disclosure management process, and allow more time for business-critical activities," said Tom Juhase, President of RR Donnelley's Financial Services offering. "However, savvy executives know that improved disclosure management is only one benefit of making data more dynamic and therefore more useful. Our RRD ActiveDisclosure system continues to deliver enhancements to our vision of providing clients with the service and tools needed to gain better business insight, make better strategic decisions, and embrace active GRC practices."
ActiveDisclosure offers numerous features to improve the financial disclosure process, including:
• Collaborative document management with dashboard visibility into the status of all work streams;
• Content authoring, editing and commenting using familiar Microsoft Office tools;
• XBRL tagging and validation;
• Reusable reporting templates that can be rolled forward into each new period;
• Output formatted in Microsoft Word, EDGAR HTML and XBRL;
• Compatibility with enterprise resource planning systems, such as Hyperion Financial Management and SAP Business Planning and Consolidation;
• Ability to test and live file directly to the SEC; and
• On-demand service and rich online help options from RR Donnelley's expert team.