Metrix Software has announced that Metrix 2012 had been released.
Integrated Adobe Preview
Metrix is known for its ability to identify issues and potential problems much earlier in the production cycle, and the new Metrix Content Preview module enhances that facility even more. Now, planners and CSRs will be able to identify content issues like missing bleeds or ink coverage conflicts on gang runs - as soon as the content is assigned - even before the project hits the prepress department. Rohan Holt, President and CEO of Metrix Software, said, "Many of our users have requested preview functionality, and we are pleased to have integrated and delivered the best preview engine the industry has to offer. Though a substantial number of Metrix manufacturing facilities currently assign content later on in the production cycle, the value of seeing content previews may provide an impetus for them to move content assignment upstream." Holt concluded, "Metrix has always been designed to enhance flexibility in manufacturing decisions, and the Metrix Content Preview module is no exception. The new module will enable users to discover and fix problems and potential problems earlier in the production cycle, improving efficiency and throughput."
Nathan Peters, CTO of Craftsman Printers in Lubbock, TX, a Metrix 2012 beta tester, summed up his favorite features in the new release: "With the ability to drag and drop content files directly into Metrix and the option to preview the content directly on the imposition layout, Metrix 2012 has become even more streamlined and easier than previous versions."
Metrix 2012 includes many other productivity features, including:
- Drag-n-drop PDF content directly in Metrix interface
- Support for Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- Greatly expanded CSV import capabilities, enabling users to import projects with Bound, Folded, and Flat products from any and all homegrown databases, MIS systems, web-to-print interfaces, etc.
- Improved cross platform support for linked content
- Enhanced shingling capabilities (anamorphic page scaling and trim mark handling options)
- N-Up Folding capabilities (for customers with the N-Up Binding module)
- Improved integration with Rampage prepress workflow
- Improved integration with Esko prepress workflows
- Improved ease of use in Metrix User Interface