"PDF Studio 8 greatly refines the user experience when working with all features of our advanced PDF application: when rendering PDF documents, when reviewing and marking up documents with annotations, and when filling interactive PDF forms. Our goal at Qoppa is to continue to offer the best deal on PDF software: ahead of the competition when it comes to features, but at less than a third of the price! When you consider that PDF Studio is also cross-platform, this makes it the best choice for enterprise deployments." says Gerald Holmann, Qoppa Software President.
* Form field calculations to automatically compute the value of given fields from other fields.
* Form field validation to prevent invalid data entry and ensure that all required fields are filled in.
* Form field formatting to facilitate the capture of special fields such as dates, social security numbers, postal codes, phone numbers, etc...
Rendering Speed: Qoppa has implemented a new tile based rendering approach which greatly improves the user experience when working with graphically intensive PDF documents and delivers:
* Huge performance increases when rendering documents and drawing annotations.
* Better responsiveness when scrolling, navigating, and zooming in PDF documents.
Text Selection: PDF Studio 8's new text model delivers major enhancements in the way text is extracted, selected, and marked up in the application:
* Text extraction and selection now support column detection in documents with multi-column page layout such as articles, magazines, and other publications.
* The new cursor-based selection and highlight tool follows the natural order of text within pages and handle selection across columns. An alternate rectangular selection mode is also available as a fall back to when selecting non-consecutive text on a page.
Improved User Interface: PDF Studio 8 offers new graphical skin options to choose from when customizing the appearance of the application, including the Substance and the Nimbus look and feel. Professionals in the print, graphics, and construction industry will also enjoy the new Pan and Zoom tool which allows zooming inside high-resolution documents and moving around a page while keeping a view of the overall page on screen.
Responding to user needs, Qoppa Software has added many other significant enhancements to PDF Studio 8, including the ability to remove watermarks, headers and footers; an advanced undo function; a window cascade / tile function; and the option to save a PDF document as linearized for fast viewing over the web.