Kern’s card fixing solution, the K91 represents a further enhancement to the portfolio for automatic card affixing and mailing systems from the Kern Group. Launched at Cartes 2012 in Paris, the K91 focuses on ease of operation and being user friendly, making all processes simple to use in the mid-range sector, running at speeds of up to 4,000 single cards per hour.
The Kern K91 boasts a number of innovative features which make it especially appealing to lower volume audiences and differentiates it from competitor products. Key features include the capacity to handle flat and embossed cards at high speed, and the ability to read a number of different formats such as 1D, 2D, magnetic stripe, OCR and contact/contactless chips (RFID) with ultrasonic double detect to ensure damage and scratches are eliminated.
Kern’s patented technology for pick and place robots is utilized for faster and more accurate jobs with minimal intervention.
Clive Martin, Strategic Business Manager at Kern, said “The new innovative compact system occupies a small space and is configured to be run by one operator only, making it an extremely cost effective solution for 24 x 7 card production.”
Other features include:
- Card affixing using large diameter reels (350mm) of double sided adhesiveAn automatic carrier folding system with four pockets with many fold options
- In-line inserting module from Kern’s existing portfolio of enveloping technology – No integration to external units requiredA sequence of guided steps on the ‘Windows’ control panel leads to automatic and quick application changes, cutting mechanical intervention to nil
- Each card and carrier is identified and matched to ensure security
- Each piece is monitored through the system and creates a complete audit report
- Miss reading or malfunctions in the system are either divert or halt the system
- Modular design to enable business growth
- The ability to integrate a carrier printer – Print on demand