Techkon USA announces the release of version 2.0 of the Techkon ChromaQA CS Color Quality Assurance Software. The all-new, enhanced version 2.0 of the Techkon ChromaQA CS software solution provides commercial printers with a powerful quality control tool designed to monitor the color quality of jobs on press. By incorporating a powerful ink color management system with drag and drop capability, version 2.0 simplifies the creation and modification of color libraries. And, the fully customizable data management feature of version 2.0 enables printers to easily specify the type of data they want to capture, display, and report.
ChromaQA CS V.2.0 incorporates Techkon InkCheck, which measures color and density and provides the press operator with suggested ink key specific density changes to obtain more accurate color thus increasing print quality and reducing downtime and waste, while increasing overall customer satisfaction. Additionally, ChromaQA V.2.0 provides detailed trending and statistical reports and an intuitive Score Card color performance rating tool. With the Score Card, all measurements are given a numeric and color-coded visual performance score for color, density, and dot area as compared to ISO industry standards or customer specified tolerances. The numeric and visually color-coded scores clearly indicate whether the press sheet being measured is within defined tolerances, close to out-of-tolerance, or out-of-tolerance. Score Card results can be viewed on individual press sheet measurements or on the overall press run performance. Score Cards are fully customizable by the customer to fit their specific needs and criteria.
ChromaQA CS V.2.0 is available in two editions. The Cloud edition of the ChromaQA CS V.2.0 software is Techkon USA’s client/server edition, offering printers with multiple presses and print facilities the ability to remotely create, manage, and monitor customer jobs via the Internet or Intranet. It is also available in a local, single seat version that has the same features, but does not offer remote access.
Additional features of the ChromaQA CS V.2.0 software solution include:
• The ability to search for specific colors by name or within a user-specified color tolerance.
• Drag and drop capability allowing user to select the desired color from a search list or open color library, then drag and drop it into the destination library in one simple step, rather than a several step process.
• Users can export color reflectance data in formats used by major ink formulation software vendors.
• Commercial printers can visually and numerically analyze how well two colors match.
• Ability to import and export color libraries to industry standard formats, such as MIF, CXF, CXF3, TCB, INK and Excel CSV offering compatibility with virtually all ink formulation and third-party color management applications.
“With ChromaQA CS V.2.0 Color Quality Assurance Software, commercial printers are able to reduce their incidents of costly re-makes and realize significant savings in terms of ink and paper waste by detecting problems early in the print production process,” said George Adam, President and Chief Technical Officer for Techkon USA. “This is good for our customers’ bottom lines. But, more importantly, this is good for the environment and a perfect example of Techkon USA’s commitment to sustainability.”