Mohawk, North America’s largest privately-owned manufacturer of fine papers, envelopes and specialty substrates for digital printing, announces a major expansion of its line of digital synthetic products.
“Mohawk is committed to providing a broad range of options within our digital product offering. With the expansion of our digital substrates, we are better equipped to service the unique business needs of our customers, while saving them time and money,” said Mike Madura, Vice President, Digital, Mohawk.
Built to Last
Mohawk synthetic products are tough and durable, yet flexible like paper. Available in a wide range of sheet sizes, weights, finishes and colors, the new products are tear resistant and are weatherproof, making them an ideal choice for use in applications where durability is important such as outdoor or harsh environments where moisture or excessive wear and tear are expected.
Quality, Variety and Compatibility
Print work will shine on Mohawk synthetic products, which are engineered and quality checked to provide unmatched printability, opacity, toner adhesion and image vibrancy.
A variety of sheet sizes, thicknesses and packaging options are available. Standard sheet sizes are 8.5” x 11”, 12”x18”, and 14.33” x 20.5”. Custom sizes are available upon request. Weights vary from 4 mil-16 mil. Packaging options include 200, 250, 500 or 1000 sheet cartons. Smaller 50-100 sheet cartons are available as well for a variety of products.
All new Mohawk synthetic products are engineered and compatible to run on a variety of Xerox, Ricoh, Konica Minolta, Canon, Kodak and other digital presses.
Save Time and Money
Mohawk synthetic products save printers time and money by reducing the need for costly and time-intensive lamination processes. Documents are ready in seconds, not hours or days. Final products perform better, last longer and are more aesthetically pleasing than laminated products.
Mohawk synthetic products are ideal for applications which require a high level of durability, such as menus, manuals, maps, ID cards/badges parking passes, road race bibs, outdoor tags/signage, all weather manuals, luggage tags, POP displays, table tents, and more.
Mohawk Synthetic Premium Polyester
• Featuring superior toner adhesion, image quality and runnability
• Available in a variety of sizes, finishes, and packaging configurations
• Colors: White, Blue, Green, Pink, Yellow, Frosted, Backlit, Matte/Gloss and Clear
Mohawk Dimensional Premium Polyester
• Pre-perforated shapes enable a quick and easy print and finish solution for a variety of print applications
• Eliminate costly and time consuming die cutting and laminating bindery steps
• Resistant to moisture, chemicals and grease
• Pre-perforated templates available at MohawkMakeReady.com: name badges, bookmarks, door hangers, ID cards, luggage tags, parking pass, plant tags, and multipack
• New dimensional formats are always being added to the portfolio
Mohawk Synthetic Recycled Polyester
• Made with 30% Post-consumer recycled material
• Offers the same whiteness, opacity and smoothness features of Mohawk Premium Polyester
Mohawk Synthetic Polyester
• Expanded weights now available
• Value priced option engineered for high performance
Mohawk Synthetic Paper
• Soft and supple feel with high durability
• Less costly than polyester
• Outstanding toner adhesion
The most comprehensive digital resources in the industry
With this expansion, Mohawk adds 68 new synthetic products specifically engineered for dry toner presses. The line expansion brings the total number of specialty substrates to over 120 - making Mohawk’s digital portfolio the broadest and most extensive available for HP Indigo and dry toner use.
Since 1998, Mohawk has been leading the industry with category-defining substrates for digital printing. Today, Mohawk offers a substrate solution for virtually every digital press platform on the market and is a single source for all digital print needs.
Mohawk offers the most comprehensive package of digital resources in the industry, including fine papers, specialty products, production papers, a team of dedicated and knowledgeable digital specialists, industry-leading website MohawkMakeReady.com, downloadable templates, a digital product finder, and digital equipment/substrate compatibility matrix.