Soft Xpansion has launched the PDF Xpansion Reader for Windows RT. Available for users of Windows RT and of Windows 8 (32 and 64 bit versions), the app can be downloaded for free in Microsoft´s Windows Store. On all ARM-based Windows RT devices (for example Tablet PCs), the program enables users to view and print PDF files, read comments, fill and print PDF forms or search through PDFs. The current language versions are English, German and Russian.
The PDF Xpansion Reader has been made with the most recent version of Soft Xpansion´s PDF software development kit – PDF Xpansion SDK 10. The SDK can be used in almost every Windows development environment and comes with modules for various programming languages. It is ready for development projects for all current Windows versions – from XP to RT. With the PDF functionality implemented in software applications, end users do not need any extra programs to create, edit and view PDF or PDF/A files and forms.
PDF XPANSION READER FUNCTIONALITY
* Quickly open non-secured and password protected PDF documents alike
* Print PDF documents – all pages or selected page range, filled forms
* Provide different layout modes and page rotation
* Provide different fit and zoom tools
* Navigate in large documents with Semantic Zoom (a special technique for touch user interfaces that displays large amounts of data or content in a single view and enables users to navigate)
* Navigation (links and bookmarks)
* Search in text
* Fill in and print PDF forms
* Read comments
* Display document properties
MORE SOFTWARE: PDF XPANSION INSIDE
Soft Xpansion´s freeware applications like the PDF Xpansion Reader have been developed with the SDK in order to demonstrate some basic functionality of the libraries. The technology is used by a large amount of partners and customers to implement PDF features into their applications. Moreover, Soft Xpansion has implemented the technology into its own Perfect PDF & Print 8 product family.