Solimar Systems, Inc., a leading global provider of production printing and secure document delivery solutions, announced the release of Solimar Print Director Enterprise (SPDE) version 7.5, a software solution that provides data stream conversions and output management control for high volume transactional printing environments. This latest version of Solimar's flagship product contains new modules, enhanced security control and expanded operating system support.
SPDE 7.5 enhancements include:
• AFPDS Resource Checker Module - The module scans, identifies and reports missing resources that are required to process Advanced Function Presentation Data Stream (AFPDS) files. The module is designed to increase workflow efficiencies by providing 'preflight' inspection of files prior to print production.
• PDF Page Range Extractor Module - The module provides print operators with an expanded and efficient approach to manage reprint workflows or output proofing. The module allows print operators to specify either single pages or one or more page ranges from a PDF input file for reprint processing or output sampling.
• PDF::PDF/A Emulation Module - The module converts PDF data to the PDF/A format for long-term archival storage. PDF/A is a PDF format intended for electronic document archiving and defines several levels of compliance.
• System security enhancements - New job-level permission functionality provides additional security controls for operator access. This functionality helps an administrator track which operator released jobs for processing.
• Support for Microsoft Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Enterprise and Windows Server 2012
"SPDE 7.5 utilizes advanced technology developed by Solimar for multi-level security including remote administrator and operator access, for event logging and notification, for direct device connectivity capabilities, and for powerful job routing and tracking capabilities with industry-leading data stream transformations," said Mary Ann Rowan, Solimar CMO and VP of Sales. "Solimar's proven track record and commitment to helping our clients address evolving business requirements continues with the release of SPDE 7.5."
The Solimar product line enables thousands of organizations around the world to easily expand and control their enterprise output management processes by providing robust data transforms, device optimizations, document re-engineering, e-presentment and workflow tracking. Building on a 22-year history of successful technology development, the SPDE 7.5 release further demonstrates Solimar's continued commitment to delivering powerful output management solutions for its clients.