Nordson VersaPUR Adhesive Slug Melters simplify and optimize processing of moisture-curing reactive adhesives
Nordson Corporation (Booth 4404) introduces VersaPUR adhesive slug melters as the latest of its moisture-curing reactive (PUR) adhesive application systems to facilitate and enable PUR adhesive use in manufacturing. The VersaPUR melter simplifies processing of moisture-cure reactive hot melt adhesives from environmentally-friendly, twenty-kilogram foil-encased slugs, without the need for inert gas. VersaPUR melters are ideal for use in a wide variety of assembly applications including edge banding, profile wrapping, bookbinding and automotive subassembly.
VersaPUR melters heat only a small amount of adhesive as needed so reduce thermal stress and protect bonding characteristics of unused PUR. The user-friendly, intuitive design offers simple, reliable operation, allowing empty foil bags to be quickly and easily changed while graphical controls simplify programming and operation. In addition, the system allows for easy access and quick disassembly to facilitate cleaning and maintenance.
VersaPUR melters’ melt-on-demand process supports quick, easy start-up and shutdown with efficient adhesive use. And, a number of configurable options offer flexibility to meet specific production requirements.
VersaPUR adhesive slug melters feature:
• A pneumatic piston, providing optimal contact between the adhesive and melting grid to maximize adhesive use from each bag and minimize adhesive residue
• Graphical touch-screen controls to simplify programming and system monitoring
• Sensors, indicators and warnings for piston status, slug status and reservoir level
• A variety of precision, variable-speed gear pump options, with key-to-line availability
• A choice of manual or automatic pressure controls
• Single-tool, quick-release access panels and a swiveling tank lid for maintenance and slug changes