EFI’s complete integrated workflow for inkjet, being demonstrated in Booth 2602, is an end-to-end integration that starts with EFI Digital StoreFront Web-to-print and eCommerce software linked to an EFI Print MIS solution such as EFI Pace using EFI PrintFlow Dynamic Scheduling for complete, JDF-based management of jobs within the business and production environment, to EFI Fiery proServer for fast and efficient RIPing, tiling, prep, and color management, leading directly to an EFI VUTEk superwide format production device.
This new, patent-pending integrated workflow can take work from electronic submission over the internet to the appropriate production device with the click of a mouse, in many instances, with virtually no manual handling required.
EFI created this JDF-based, bi-directional workflow to help EFI VUTEk users gain a number of time- and money-saving benefits, including:
• Eliminating field data handling, submission delays and manual order entry.
• Improving accuracy and reduce or eliminating preflight while providing real-time data collection and status to customers and staff.
• Automating scheduling and maximize capacity utilization, eliminating bottlenecks, delays and waste.
• Automating the delivery of job instructions, run lists and files to production – improving accuracy and speed.
• Tracking production and inventory, capturing and reporting costs in real-time.