EFI PrintSmith Vision, EFI’s most affordable yet powerful browser-based business management software, now connects to EFI Fiery print server seamlessly through certified, industry-standard job definition format (JDF) technology. Through the bi-directional communication, the integration allows PrintSmith Vision users to enable touchless digital print production with real-time job status updates right from their console.
EFI PrintSmith Vision, being demonstrated in Booth 2602, provides powerful estimating, point-of-sale, account management, production management, receivables and sales analysis tools within a single, easy-to-use application for offset, digital and large format printing operations.
Using Fiery servers, PrintSmith Vision owners get access to the full capability of the most innovative and productive front-end system for digital printers, including Fiery HyperRIP, technology that can increase job processing speed 40%. Adding Fiery servers enables digital printing applications such as high-speed variable data, quick digital proofs that closely match offset quality using the latest Fiery Color Profiler Suite, and profitable short-run prints with Fiery Impose and Fiery JobMaster that make complex document imposition and makeready fast and easy.
The integration offers:
• Quick setup wizard with automatic Fiery print server discovery on the network
• Easy and simple media mapping between business management system stock catalog and Fiery Paper Catalog
• Less touch points by automatically mapping basic job attributes such as number of copies, color or black-and-white and simplex or duplex.
• Enabling template-based job submission that automates any type of job configuration with complete Fiery feature access
• Real-time job status updates and time capture for efficient scheduling and more accurate cost estimation