SA International (SAi) has released PixelBlaster 3.0 which takes print preparation and workflow efficiency to new levels.
Launched in 2012 and upgraded in 2013, SAi PixelBlaster production software is a modular and scaleable end-to-end system covering preflight to production. Using a PDF-based RIP, PixelBlaster delivers a customer-selected suite of workflow applications that can drive an extensive line-up of large format printers, regardless of supplier. A key feature is its ability to standardize colors based on industry accepted profiles, including GRACoL, Euroscale and FOGRA.
PixelBlaster is specifically designed to meet the needs of users in super-wide format, high volume print production environments, as well as the increasingly important specialty printing sector which embraces substrates such as glass and ceramics. The software provides flexibility and versatility to help users respond to customer requests and balance their workloads to accommodate demand levels and equipment availability.
Among other new features of PixelBlaster 3.0 are:
- PixelBlaster Layout: With the new Layout feature, PixelBlaster will be integrated into even more workflows, producing a wider variety of printed products. Functions available in Layout include: true shape nesting, manual job positioning, double-sided printing, white handling and cutting. PixelBlaster Layout also replaces the existing "Add Job" dialog of PixelBlaster Engine and the "Submit Job" dialog commands of PixelBlaster Central.
- PixelBlaster Library: With a new user interface, Library now incorporates PixelBlaster Profile to make it even easier to achieve outstanding color results. It is one complete software application to create all profile components: print mode, ink splitting, calibration and profile.
- A new integrated media manager offers a streamlined overview of every profile, including spot color edits. A new test chart generator recognizes the defined media width and measurement devices. With the full support of external measurement devices, like the Barbieri Spectropad, PixelBlaster Library now offers internal devices like those found in HP Designjet and Epson Stylus Pro printers.
- Double-sided printing: PixelBlaster 3.0 fully supports a wide variety of double-sided printing applications, which, importantly, are not limited to printers offering dedicated registration marks. This feature can be used for jobs using both manual and automated file processing.
- Improved RIPping performance and quality: PixelBlaster's already high performance has been further optimized. Processing of some types of input files (e.g., complex PDF files) has been improved by up to 200%. This drastically reduces RIPping time to enhance productivity and workflow. Additionally, new rendering parameters deliver significantly improved sharpness, when needed.
- Improved queue handling: Using the added function of a "Cut" tab in the queue function, it is now possible to define printing and cutting parameters for jobs in the same queue, improving both performance and use. This new tab offers all tools that are needed to combine printing and cutting into one fully automated production workflow.
"PixelBlaster 3.0 offers customers new features, a time-saving internal structure and improved ease-of-use to deliver greater performance levels and streamlined print preparation," said Eyal Friedman, Vice President, Technical Services, SAi. "It also demonstrates our commitment to the continuous development of this solution in order to help our customers meet the demanding challenges of their markets."