The Fiery Command WorkStation from EFI (Booth 1902) is the print job management interface for Fiery servers. Command WorkStation centralizes job management; connects to all Fiery servers on the network; and unlocks makeready, prepress and color management features to make operators more productive. Version 5.6 is available to existing Fiery users running Fiery System 8 Release 2 software and above, at no additional cost. It provides workflow automation and usability enhancements tailored to manage workloads in high-volume production sites by using automated workflows that are easy to use and very accessible to operators. It introduces intuitive tools to produce new, complex value-added applications, reduces risks of printing errors and improves support for integration with EFI MIS solutions.
The most important new features are:
- Fiery server automated workflows, which allow system administrators to set up and deploy job presets, so operators can produce jobs with fewer touches by selecting predefined workflows in-line.
- Job List Filtered Views, which lets users quickly locate a job by filtering the job list based on values in any of the columns displayed in the Held, Printed or Archived queues.
- Fiery ImageViewer 2.0, which presents a completely new user interface for the softproofing tool, for faster operation, document navigation and page inspection.
- Fiery JobMaster v4.6, which adds Multi-bank Tabs and Bleed-edge Tabs to the existing advanced tab insertion and conversion tools, as well as additional settings for page re-numbering.
- Integration with Fiery Dashboard 2.0, which gives administrators an easy way to register for the free Fiery Dashboard to receive a wide array of productivity metrics on their Fiery Driven printers in real time.