Printing Industries Association of Southern California (PIASC)
5800 South Eastern Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90040
What you need to know...
- About 90% of the paper and paperboard consumed in the United States is made in the
- 91% of the wood harvested in the United States comes from privately owned forests.
- Overall,33% of paper making material comes from recycled paper; 33% comes from woodchips and sawmill scrap; and only 33% comes from virgin trees.
- Private landowners in the United States plant about 4 million trees every day, which is 3-4 times more than they harvest.
- "To address climate change, we must use more wood, not less. Using wood sends signals to the marketplace to grow more trees and produce more wood."
Dr. Patrick Moore,
Chair and Chief Scientist,
Greenspirit Strategies, Inc
- For more information: http://www.ChoosePrint.org