Online giant netPrint captures Russian photo print market with HP Indigo technology
- netPrint needed a digital print solution that would enable it to pioneer the nascent photobook market in Russia and offset declining sales in traditional silver halide photo production. It wanted to create an online portal offering customised individual photographic merchandise.
- netPrint installed the HP Indigo 5000 Digital Press that proved so successful the company added three HP Indigo 5500 Digital Presses, each of which delivers optimal print quality across a range of media and substrates.
- netPrint's digital prints now account for 80 per cent of the business and are growing 25 per cent year on year, allowing it to balance declining sales of traditional photo prints.
- The HP Indigo Digital Presses have boosted the company's productivity, allowing it to produce 5,000 calendars and 1,500 photobooks per day during peak times.
- The HP Indigo Digital Presses enable netPrint to offer a wide range of innovative products, including photobooks, customised calendars and other related merchandise which are then delivered within 48 hours.
"Investing in the first HP Indigo digital press was a big risk because there was no similar machine in our market and it was a whole new phenomenon. HP won us over by demonstrating the wide range
of products it can create." -- Ilya Novichkov, CEO, netPrint
At a glance
Industry: Photo Specialty
Business name: netPrint
Headquarters: Moscow, Russia